Mini Santa Hat Cheesecake Recipe
It’s that time of year when the gingerbread men, candy canes, and fruit cakes make their appearance in our homes and in the desert aisles of the grocery stores. For those looking for a nontraditional Christmas dessert option, here’s one recipe that is sure to deliver Christmas spirit and a smile to your tastebuds.
Introducing the Mini santa hat cheesecake recipe! Get out your apron and a spatula. It’s time to bake.
10 Chocolate sandwich cookies
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
½ Tbsp granulated sugar
*For the crust, use 10 Oreo cookies minus the cream filling (or 20 chocolate cookies, no filling)
12oz cream cheese, softened
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup eggnog
1 Tbsp all purpose flour
½ tsp vanilla¼ tsp salt
½ C heavy cream
2 Tbsp powdered suga
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a mini cheesecake pan.
2. In a food processor, blend cookies until only fine crumbs remain. Combine crumbs with butter and sugar. Divide between prepared cheesecake cavities, adding 1 small cooking scoop of crust mixture to each cavity. Press down firmly to create an even layer. Bake for 5 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
3. In a large bowl or stand mixer beat together cream cheese and granulated sugar until fluffy and smooth. With mixer running on low, slowly add eggnog, flour, vanilla, and salt. Gradually increase speed, mixing until no lumps remain. Finally, add egg, mixing until combined and no streaks remain.
4. Divide batter between cheesecake pan cavities using a medium scoop. Add roughly 1 and ¼ medium scoop or a heaping scoop to each cavity. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until cheesecakes are set.
5. Allow cheesecakes to sit in pan on a wire rack until they are room temperature. Transfer cheesecakes to refrigerator to chill overnight or until chilled through.
6. In a medium bowl, beat together heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Cover and chill until ready to use. Carefully remove cheesecakes from pan, removing the pan disc from the crust. Top off with whipped cream and strawberries. Sprinkle with optional powdered sugar for a snow dusted look.
Spread the Christmas cheer and share your new creation with friends and family. One smile and a spoonful of sugar go a long way.
Debbie is a junior studying elementary education.